Friday, February 15, 2008

That Guy

Helzberg diamonds is running some really funny television and radio ads about "that guy." "That guy" is the super-sensitive, ultra-romantic, perfect guy that women swoon for:

"That guy" gives her froo froo dog a bath.
"That guy" made his own card to truly encompass the depth of his feelings.
"That guy" thinks the toe-nail polish needs another coat.

Since you're not that guy, you need to buy her big gifts, like diamonds… or a van.

Yesterday, I was that guy. It was Valentine's day and our van was dying, so I bought my wife a new van… because I'm concerned about her feelings of safety and security. [And I don't know how to fix the old one.] We bought a KIA Sedona, which is not exactly what we wanted but was both recommended and a really good deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were that guy before the van :) I love you and love that you get me and understood where the insanity stemmed from before I even understood it. It came out as I want a new car, but you knew I just wanted a safe one. That's why we work. Love you baby.

Shannon