Monday, April 21, 2008

Bowled Over

We went bowling with members of the church yesterday. John F. set things up and forty or fifty of us enjoyed an afternoon of cheap bowling. Our older three boys seemed to really enjoy it; Graham (two years old) screamed his head off as he forfeited his nap to be there.

I didn't do so well, largely because I release the ball incorrectly which injures my thumb after a few frames. So I always end up with a bruised thumb and half torn off thumbnail – making it difficult to enjoy the game like I think I would otherwise. So I began experimenting with a different throw, not inserting my thumb into the ball at all (maybe some of you bowlers out there can help me out a bit).

Not that the change really helped…

I bowled a 98 and a 114. Shannon, Dustin and the others bowled circles around me and the little kids were nipping at my heals. Fortunately I was several lanes away from the avid bowlers (like John) who passed my high score in about the fifth or sixth frame.

To make myself feel better, I went home and bowled a 200 on the Wii.

No comments: