Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Christmas in April

I received my Christmas present this week. After more than four months, I finally received my Leatherman tool, the Skeletool CX, that I've been waiting for since last December. It's been on back order and after several complaints it finally arrived Saturday. After such delay, it would have been appropriate for it's arrival to be accompanied by fanfare or a short speech. But it just arrived in a plain envelope wrapped in brown paper. How anticlimactic!

All I can think of is the countless times I could have used a knife or a tool in the last few months. As I've noted before, being a homeowner and a dad both require a lot of fixing and opening and removing. Christmas morning alone would have worn out a typical dad's pocket knife.

But now that I have it, how do I remember to carry it with me?

No comments: