Monday, February 23, 2009

No Convention for Me

I won't be going to the Preaching & Teaching convention this week; it starts this afternoon. I really wanted to but it's just not realistic when it appears that we'll have a baby any day (hour?) now.

I really like going down to Ozark and felt especially excited about this year as I was going to hang out with Mike K. and Joe S. on their first years at the convention. But we're convinced that that baby girl is coming and coming soon.

My consolation is that while we wait I get to watch the KU-Oklahoma game tonight (if we're not in the hospital) and play basketball Tuesday at noon and volleyball Tuesday night (again, if we're not in the hospital). I'm such a creature of habit that I hated to miss those things by being out of town.

More on that note: we missed church yesterday and that was weird! We got out about 11-ish and headed home amidst that fog you have when you haven't really slept all night–all too late to even go up and make an appearance. All morning long though, I'm looking at the time thinking, "It's time for my sermon… it's time for Sunday School… second service should be having communion about now." It bugs me to no end to not be doing what I normally do.

No comments: