Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Random Sports Thoughts 2/3/09

  • Former Chiefs player Derrick Thomas will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year. Thomas died after a car wreck nine years ago. There will now be 14 Chiefs in the Hall of Fame, though this includes an owner and two coaches, along with players who only briefly played in Kansas City such as Joe Montana and Warren Moon.
  • The 2009 Chiefs, when compared to a few years ago, will have a new owner, new GM, new head coach, and probably a new QB. Hmmm… unrecognizable sounds good right now.
  • The poor Cardinals, I was really rooting for them. I would have liked to see them win their first Super Bowl rather than Pittsburgh win their sixth. Oh, well. Here's hoping Kurt Warner doesn't retire yet.
  • The Jayhawks and the Mizzou Tigers are both 18-4 right now. They play next Monday night. It's in my appointment calendar. Do NOT call me next Monday at 8pm. Short of having a baby, I'm not going anywhere.
  • What will I do with my Sunday afternoons now that football is over? It's something like 30 weeks until the kickoff of the 2009 season and a solid 6 months until next year's fantasy football draft. That's 30 Sunday afternoons to fill. I'll have to talk to family, go on walks, play basketball, socialize… argh!
  • The Jayhawks are hot, hot, hot! They've won 10 of their last 11, are undefeated in the Big 12 and ranked in the top 25 again. And this is supposed to be our "down year!" BTW, this wiki page, specifically for this year's team, is a great resource.

No comments: