Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Church Website is Louder Than Your Church Website

Candidate for the most flamboyant, gaudy, loud, flashy and overdone church website ever…

Evangel Cathedral!!! (make sure your speakers are turned up!)

First thoughts through my mind:
  • Mmm… subtle.
  • Jesus must be so proud.
  • I guess if you make yourself a bishop then, technically, you can call your church a cathedral.
  • The preacher's wife is formally called "the First Lady." Seriously? How do you do that with a straight face?
  • Love the website's electric guitar effects. That and the lightning.
  • Meek and humble… this guy is dripping with it.
  • Were those raptures shooting to heaven from the cathedral? I thought I recognized the whooshing sound.
  • So who's the preacher there and what does he look like? I might have missed it.

I can pretty much guarantee that our church website will never, ever, ever, ever, ever look like this. Ever.

I'd never have the gall.

[I found this link on a secular website of non-believers talking about how bad Christians are. Thanks, Bishop Meares.]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm, Wow. Wow, wow, wow. That's different. I would like to announce from here on out I would like to be called, "First Lady of Wyandotte County Christian Church serving Wyandotte, Leavenworth, and Johnson counties." I would really appreciate a slight bow of the head whenever approached so as not to make direct eye contact. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well every kind of bows now...Well maybe they are just looking at your pregnant belly!!

Chad

Anonymous said...

If you hold your head just right and look reeeeaaaall close, you can see a cross at the top of the building.

Anonymous said...

I don't see a problem with the sight. I actually was planning to create something very similar. I like how you are able to listen to multiple audio threads at once because it helps you get to know them quicker. I will have the prototype up by the end of the week.

David T.

Anonymous said...

I am kidding of course!

David T.