Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Random Thoughts 3/25/09

  • VeggieTales have a new logo.
  • The Chiefs may play all 16 games on the road this year. The union (God bless 'em) that is working on the stadiums is expected to strike and a prolonged strike could mean that Arrowhead stadium won't be ready for the 2009 season. Great. I'll never understand why a union would think this is a good time to squeeze the construction companies? As I see it, various unions have come across like short-sighted mafia types that run companies (and communities) into the ground with their unsustainable demands. Read a history of the UAW and why Detroit is in the toilet right now; it's remarkable.
  • I sure enjoyed being at DeKalb Christian Church, where they greeted me with such enthusiasm. But in the end, there's no place I'd rather be than here at my home church.
  • Unions, by the way, served an essential purpose at one point in history. Please don't come to my house and slash the tires of my Honda.
  • If you have a Wii (and assuming that you've hooked it up to the internet) it works differently today than it did yesterday. Now it can play WiiWare and Virtual Console games off an SD card, where formerly they could only be stored on an SD card. This means that you can have access to a library of several Gigabytes of classic games and new gems like World of Goo. This also will give Nintendo the opportunity to make much larger arcade games available for download.
  • I set up the trampoline in the backyard last week (it's how we thin the herd). But the older boys are getting old enough to actually play some sports, like soccer and basketball and such. I'm really looking forward to this next phase of our life, playing games and teaching the boys the fundamentals. My big dream would be to pave our driveway and set up a nice basketball goal. I've wanted it for years but we could actually put it to use in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My father-in-law brought a basketball goal home last week. I was thinking it would get used for a day or two and then they would get tired of it. Not so! AJ is out there all of the time. Last night, he seriously considered missing our first viewing of "Bolt" so he could shoot hoops until dark. Your boys may be ready for one now. I bet momma would LOVE another activity to draw them outside.