Monday, March 30, 2009

Random Thoughts 3/30/09

  • Legendary basketball coaches Rick Pitino, Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams and Bob Knight dancing in their underwear. You don't see that everyday.
  • This was supposedly Kansas' off-year. Hmmm. 14-2 in the Big 12 and making the Sweet 16. I'm okay with that. There's interviews with Bill Self that indicates he is encouraging Collins and Aldrich to stay for another season, but that's yet to be seen. If both players stay KU could easily be the preseason #1, although I wonder how they'll have enough roster spots for the players joining the program (2-3 recruits and one transfer) – KU is only graduating two seniors, Brennan Bechard and Matt Kleinmann. So if Collins and Aldrich stay someone will have to transfer or be cut, I suppose.
  • My car is in the shop again. Fortunately we have a good, reliable, trustworthy muffler guy down on 78th and Leavenworth Rd. I highly recommend them.
  • The McDonald's All-American game is this Wednesday. It includes four players going to North Carolina and two each to Duke, Villanova, Memphis, and Oklahoma. There's also a player going to K-State (Wally Judge) and a player that will announce tomorrow whether or not he's going to KU (Lance Stephenson).
  • My NCAA bracket saw three of my four Final Four predictions make it. I missed on Villanova, who I thought would lose to Duke in the Sweet 16. Oops. My bracket looks really good this overall. I picked 14 out of 15 games in the West region and 13 out of 15 in both the East and South. It's the stupid Midwest region that killed me with Wake Forest losing early.
  • My boys played at the church for an hour while Mom took Anneliese to the doctor for a checkup. They are so well behaved while I'm in the office. I can really imagine them doing homeschool here with me as they get older. And that makes it much easier on Mom while she's running errands.
  • We're getting ready to start another volleyball league at church. This time we'll play up at Wallula Christian Church. With volleyball leagues, volleyball practice, and Tuesday basketball, I'm getting more exercise currently than I have in years.

No comments: