Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random Thoughts 3/18/09

  • Even though the USAF F-15s are expected to last another 15 years or more, Boeing has unveiled a new, somewhat redesigned version of the undefeated (104-0) air-to-air fighter. With stealth features, internal weapons bays, and new electronics the new "Silent Eagle" can be about as stealthy as the F-35 if the US government allows that kind of technology to be exported. The most distinctive feature is the angle of the vertical tails, now canted at 15ยบ outward. Boeing expects customers like South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Israel and Saudi Arabia.
  • Who needs to sleep? Shannon and I are struggling with this new little girl in the house. Shannon of course is interrupted every two hours for feedings. But apparently I can't sleep anywhere but my cozy bed, and though I've tried to sleep in various alternative locations throughout the house, I just can't get any rest at all. I've been in zombie-mode for several days now, which is no fun for anyone.
  • Get your predictions for the Sweet 16 contest in by tomorrow morning. The games start early; don't be late.
  • Why so downcast, Oh my soul? Besides not getting a lot of sleep, I've also been struggling with some depression. Feeling down like I do seems stupid to me – nearly everything is going really well in life right now. But I can't deny the miserable disposition that covers me like a blanket - it saps my energy, steals my joy, and alienates me from my friends. I guess you could say I'm not very happy about not being very happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll make it Daddy. I think all we need is some rest and we'll be back to normal. I love you and appreciate all you do for the kids and I. Our life is blessed and your hard work makes it so. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Walking through this could be considered a "Gift from God". Perhaps God is allowing you to walk through this particular valley in order for you to be able to empathize with someone later on that has been going through the same kind of trial. Perhaps on the other side of the trial, you will be able to offer some insight from "one who has walked in their shoes". Sometimes, it is easier to accept insight from someone who has travelled the same road as you and has made it through and become stronger for having done so. It gives one hope that they too may be able to get through it as well. Thank God through it all and know that He knows best and has a true purpose for everything. Not preaching - I'll leave that in your very capable hands in which you deliver God's Message weekly in a very special way that only you can do - You see, He gave you that Gift as well, and maybe He is adding to your gifts so that you will be available for someone going through the same thing as you are going through now. May God continue to bless you and yours and please know that I will be praying for you in a special way and know that "This too shall pass" in God's very special time.
Love, Pat