Saturday, March 21, 2009

Revival Bloggin'

I got to DeKalb this evening in time for the men's fish fry they were having. We had a table full of nearly indistinguishable fried items (fish, chicken, potatoes, who knows?). I figure deep frying is a good way to send all the men to an early grave but put a smile on their face at the same time. I spoke for about 25 minutes on having confidence as men of God.

Tonight I'm staying with a local family. I have my own room, my own bathroom, indeed my own floor of the house. I also have Wi-Fi and my computer, so you'd think I'd be good to go. But instead I'm just missing my family pretty bad.

Tomorrow I'll preach the morning service and teach a class afterwards. I'm preaching on God's love in spite of our sinfulness (Hosea–my favorite Bible story) and I'm teaching a class/forum on Church government.

I'm not completely sure how the afternoon will go, but I'm preaching again in the evening and then driving home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We miss you too Daddy. Our evening routine is lonely without you. I love you and am praying for a true "revival" in DeKalb. We are eager for you to come back to us. The boys all prayed for your safe return this evening. Kisses and Hugs from your favorite 4 boys and 2 ladies :)