Saturday, June 20, 2009

Asleep At Home At Last

We returned from church camp yesterday in a state of exhaustion. I immediately took an hour nap and later slept like a log through the night. Anneliese beat us all and slept 15 hours straight, though the rest of us weren't that far behind.

Church camp seemed to go really well. We had a slightly smaller number of campers this year, but I had a larger, more experienced staff than usual, so the staff-to-camper ratio was fantastic. We struggled with a series of lightning storms that beleaguered us all week but overall, the program went just as we wanted it to.

It's not unusual for me to go to bed at camp around 1am each night and get up at 6:30am. This isn't that bad, except that camp involves a lot more activity, and when I'm the dean/evangelist, a lot more stress and emotional expenditure. Five sermons and a thousand questions later, I'm pretty tuckered out.

Since returning home and getting some rest, I've been sifting through my mail and messages, trying to get my bearings and return to my normal routine. I just need to wake up first.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Question: is there a weather radio at camp?? Just wondering if we could get one if there isn't.

Thumper said...

A weather radio would be a nice donation if anyone's interested. We were listening to a radio/cd player in the kitchen when we had bad weather this week.