Monday, June 29, 2009

Dead Batteries

If you had asked me a week ago about my cell phone, I would have said the best feature is the battery life. It runs for three or four days and recharges in just a few hours… until recently, that is.

After about 15 months, my LG EnV2's battery is now suddenly worthless. I can barely keep it alive for a day, and that's just making phone calls. I don't normally use the camera, games or the internet functions at all.

What's amusing is that the price for a replacement battery varies between a high of $60 and a low of $9 on various online stores. As near as I can tell, these are all brand new versions of the same battery.

So the question is… is $9 too low a threshold for giving up and a buying an iPhone?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Every phone I have had has ended up with battery problems. I think that is how they get you to buy a newer phone. :) BTW, we have the same phone, and so far my battery has been awesome, I am waiting for it to poo out tho.

Mindy Jo said...

I just had the same problem with my blackberry. Ran fine for just about 2 years and then couldn't keep the thing alive even when plugged in...or so it seemed. Died the minute I turned it on several times. I bought a new battery, $19...and it ran perfectly fine for an entire day. Then, I dropped it and cracked the screen. :0( It is still working just fine, it just is no longer the new phone. I am getting an iPhone as soon as my contract runs out.

Dustin said...

$9 is way too much, I wouldn't mess with it... ;-)

Champ said...

I will say it again...save your money and buy an IPHONE!! The Iphone has single handedly turned me into a wannabe Mac guy. I don't have an Macbook or anything else, but the next computer I buy will be a Mac. In my opinion it is the best phone on the market, because of everything that it does. And with the recent update of its operating software 3.0. I now have a different phone then the one I bought in December! I love it! You need to cross over to the Iphone world...it is calling you!!

Thumper said...

I'm already sold, but I'm also very patient. I'll make this phone work for the coming months... then go iPhone.