Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Random Thoughts 8/19/09

  • Great interview with Jonathan Leaf about his book, The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Sixties.
  • When was the last time you had a class on 1&2 Thessalonians? I'm teaching one tonight at church for Wednesday Family Night.
  • If you were on the Minnesota Vikings football team, would you believe anything that Brett Favre says about his future plans? I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
  • We call our Wednesday night church services, "Wednesday Family Night," not because it is for nuclear families only, i.e. Mom, Dad, and 2.1 kids. We call it "family" night because it's a gathering of the church family; and single people, kids, seniors, divorced, widowed, and every other type of person can be a part of that family.
  • I'm officially "over" paying two bucks for the privilege of parking at KU Med Center. It's pretty much the only hospital in KC where I have to pay for parking.
  • I wish I could expect more from the Chiefs this year. *sigh* But I'm actually more excited about KU football. How crazy is that?

2 comments:

Dustin said...

I paid $12 for parking near Crown Ctr for a few hours to visit a customer. WOW! Won't park there again!

Thumper said...

That was $2 after validation. It's like $5.50 otherwise.