Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Random Thoughts 8/5/09

  • Our Wyandotte Fantasy Football League will be drafting on Monday, August 31. Previous participants need to contact me ASAP if you're good for another season.
  • I now officially need to wear a hat when out in the sun. My thinning hair left me with a sunburned spot on my scalp last week in Colorado, a problem I've never encountered before. I guess that's part of getting old!
  • The iPhone isn't really a phone. It's a hand-held computer that makes phone calls. PDA, internet device, ebook reader, GPS, camera, game machine, etc. It's an impressive little critter.
  • I Redboxed from Goodland, Ks to KCK, displacing a DVD movie by 396 miles. I'll bet that one doesn't make it back home anytime soon. I wonder if Redbox movies regularly migrate to or from major cities, or if it all balances out?
  • I learned everything I know about giving money to my wife from George Jetson.
  • Perhaps the most useful function of my new iPhone is the GPS feature. I used it several times while traveling to Colorado. It's just incredible to pull up a map and see a blue little blinking dot driving down a street and making a turn in real time.
  • Here's an upgrade chart for Windows 7 compared to a Mac upgrade chart. You gotta love Microsoft; "…making things overly complicated since 1975." Of course, Apple has the "our way or the highway" approach.
  • We got in the car yesterday and Graham asked if we could go see the "red rocks." The ones in Colorado? Uh, no.
  • Paula Abdul says she's leaving American Idol (if only). If she did leave, we'll all miss out on insightful commentary like this:


No comments: