Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Flu Trip

I woke up Sunday morning, with just a little bit of rattle in my chest. I felt fine otherwise but the nagging chest congestion, which gradually became a cough and then a sneeze, continued through Monday and Tuesday. Then Tuesday, at lunch, I crashed big time.

Fevers and chills, coughing, sneezing, fatigue, a terrible headache, and other unmentionable symptoms hit all at once. By Tuesday at 4pm, I was heading home to bed. I was in bed, by and large, for the next 22 hours, too ill to eat or even sleep peacefully, too miserable to stay awake.

I always think that I'm going to take advantage of an illness to read and sleep. But when you're sick, you don't feel like reading or watching a movie or much of anything else.

I'm assuming this is just a normal flu bug and not anything dramatic, like H1N1, but who knows. I'm staying away from the public and avoiding our baby girl, Anneliese. Hopefully, in another day, I'll be back on my feet and ready to go.

No comments: