Monday, September 07, 2009

Not So Labored

It's Labor Day, so I worked.

I had a nice, quiet day at work: a pleasant counseling session and several hours of quiet study and reading. I finished an excellent book and was able to return home before dinner.

I appreciate beyond words the flexibility I have in my job. On the one hand, I work six days a week including multiple evenings. I'm on call 24/7 and am often pulled in multiple directions at once to tend to various facets of responsibility.

But on the other hand, the church is very flexible with my day off and I float it from day to day depending on my family's needs. I'm only minutes from home and get to have wonderful access to my family that most jobs couldn't allow. And because it's church, part of my work week includes my family (though the boys aren't fans of the sermon time yet).

Today, it made sense to work. Our family schedule, the kids schooling, and my counseling schedule made today a good day to get work done. Now I can take a day later in the week and not be behind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I understand the uniqueness of our situation and thank God daily for how involved you get to be in the kids daily lives. We are blessed by an Amazing God through an amazing church. We love you WCCC!!!