Saturday, September 05, 2009

Random Thoughts 9/5/09

  • Ahhhh, a day off. It goes by way too fast! Friday was my first real day off in a few weeks (I get parts of days here and there; ministers do a lot of split-shifts). We watched a movie, played with the kids, and generally lounged around. That's good stuff right there.
  • Brennan (almost 9) keeps getting in trouble with his mother during home schooling. The nerd keeps writing in "bionicle," which isn't English and, therefore, not an acceptable language for homework assignments. Here's what the bionicle language, called Matoran, looks like (right).
  • I was just thinking the other day that, when I was 9, I was getting up at 6am to watch sci-fi anime shows (Robotech, Voltron, Speed Racer, etc.) just like Brennan does now. The difference is that he then gets on the computer to stream his favorite Clone Wars episodes off the internet. Yeah, I didn't have those options.
  • Less than a week until NFL football!
  • I'm actually looking forward to college football. I use to completely ignore college football until the April Draft. But now that KU is making bowl games and beating their rivals, I'm suddenly interested! KU's first game is tonight!
  • Yes, Mr. President, the creepy North Korean-esque "Dear Leader" routine with the schoolchildren is a great idea. Personality cults aren't disturbing at all. Like others before me have said, Americans pledge loyalty to the flag and the Republic for which it stands, NOT individual leaders. How did something with these overtones ever make it out of the White House brainstorming sessions?
  • New low-scores on Flood-It!: Small - 15/22, Medium - 22/30, Large - 29/36. I cannot stop playing this quick, simple puzzle game! I play it in the gas station, I play it while watching TV, I play it everywhere.
  • Someone sent me this lobster. How cute (and disturbing) is this?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My favorite is when I get asked daily, "Mom, do I have to do my homework in English (sigh)?" Ummm yes.