Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Scaring You Into Action

This is mildly warped. It's called Deathclock.com and it calculates your date of death. If you're fit with a good attitude, like my wife, you'll live to a ripe old age (when I told her she's expected to live another 70+ years, she wasn't overly thrilled).

The rest of us are dying to get out of here.

Actually with a good attitude and some reasonable weight loss (down to 220), they had me living to 90 years old, which isn't as unrealistic as it first sounds. People in my generation will (undeservedly) outlive current life expectancies because of the steady advance of medical technology. Just as people born in the 1920's could never have expected MRI's, bypasses, and artificial joints to be commonplace, we should benefit as well from advances in medicine.

Or you could get hit by a car tomorrow. God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to live until I'm 97. That isn't to bad...I guess. Hope you are having a great day!

Anonymous said...

With last year behind me, I get to live to be 100 years and 4 months.
My nickname in seventh grade was Sleestack - great for self esteem.

Anonymous said...

Must've been REAL good for the self-esteem-- you had to sign in as anonymous! I can't blame you, tho, not exactly the most flattering of nicknames...