Friday, October 07, 2005

Random Thoughts 10/7/05

  • Today is my parents' wedding anniversary. They've been married about a gazillion years. Congrats! My wife pointed out that it's increasingly unusual to find people who've been married longer than you've been alive… including many parents.
  • Have I mentioned that I have a problem with quitters? It's one thing to drag your feet. It's problematic if you're doing everything wrong. But when you just throw up your hands and quit in the middle of something? Well, you better have a really, really, really, really, reeeeeeeealy good reason. Really.
  • Have you seen my kids lately? They're honkin' cute. Especially the short, fat one.



  • There are few things more interesting (to me) than the Ask a Rocket Scientist feature over at www.aerospaceweb.org. They only answer questions about once a week or so, but still, it's fascinating.
  • We're having a work day at the church tomorrow. There's all kinds of projects to do but the main attraction is working with the people that will be there.
  • Kansas City is getting an arena league football team to be named later. They should start next year in Kemper Arena and then move to the new Sprint Center when it opens. In the first 24 hours they had two thousand people put down deposits on season tickets. KC is definitely a football town.
  • Speaking of football, my fantasy team is 3-1 and tops in most statistical categories. Donovan McNabb and Torry Holt are keeping me going. Go Warhawks!

No comments: