Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Word From Mrs. Thumper

Hi I'm Shannon, Jared's wife. Today is my husband's 29th birthday. He writes so much about the boys and I, I just thought I would give you a little insight into the man we call Daddy. I met Jared when I was 15 and it was obvious to me then that I had found a rare treasure. A man at 16 who was wise beyond his years and had a faith greater than most adults. I am proud to say that he is my husband, my best friend, my minister, the spiritual leader of our home, and the best Daddy in the whole world. Our son Brennan is so in love with his daddy that he afraid to go to bed at night for fear he might "miss daddy." He insists that the only cure for this is sleeping with Jared. I wish you could see into our living room each night (not really that would be creepy) and watch Daddy wrestle with his three little boys. They abuse him, but he doesn't mind. Rolling, jumping, giggling. The boys are quite strategic in their attacks. I can't wait to see who our little men develop into. I am sure they will be strong men of God who have an amazing respect and love of the women in their lives. My boys tell me daily how much they love me, how pretty I am, and how good I smell. They watch as their daddy takes great responsibility for his family and great love for his wife. God has blessed us with Jared and I wanted to share a glimpse of him with you. Happy Birthday Jared. We love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared, I just wanted to say as your sister, I am proud of your dedication of your life to further God's kingdom and your commitment to the church and your family. Although, I must say I take some of the credit for you turning out the way you did. Due to the countless hours of school work I had you do playing school. Who knows how you would've turned out had it not been for your older sister!!!

Love, your favorite sister

Anonymous said...

Hey, I left your b-day card in the van at church Sunday. Sorry I forgot-- I'll give it to you on Wednesday.

Oh, by the way, you smell funny...

Happy Birthday.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Cuz!! Hope your day is full of laughter, fellowship with friends and family, and a really, really good cake with a side of homemade ice cream and Hot Tamales and Mountain Dew and marshmallows that don't taste like toothpaste, and honey that isn't bitter, and chocolate chips and real milk in a jug and a big thick juicy steak and.... Oops. Sorry, this is a missionary speaking. I'd better stop or this could go on all day.

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jared!

Isn't today's technology wonderful? Such nice comments on your blog today! I will say that Sonya probably does deserve some of the credit for your love of learning! She was a pretty good and strict little teacher, wasn't she? And like I told you "thousands" of times when you were growing up, "Dustin's just teasing you!"

I didn't realize that Sean & Becca knew you so well!

Your sweet wife sees you as God would want her to see you, through loving and devoted eyes, as an intelligent, wise man who is commited to his family, his church, and his God! She knows your sincere desire and commitment to be the BEST (at being a husband, father, Christian, preacher, etc.).

Do you remember asking me what I thought of Shannon before you married her? I said then (and still believe) that she loves you deeply, and would go with you to the mission field or anywhere in the world, and stand by your side faithfully and cheerfully. God has blessed you with a loving, devoted, faithful Christian wife and mother for your 3 precious little boys!

I echo Sonya's earlier comments. We are all proud of your choice to go into full-time ministry, when we know you had numerous other opportunities (scholarships, etc.) to attend prestigious secular colleges. You could have chosen a more "worldly" life with money and "things," but you wisely chose to serve God in full time ministry, knowing you would be sacrificing a much larger income and many material things. Praise God for your decision at such a young age! And God has been good, hasn't he? He has blessed you in countless ways! What an awesome God we serve!!

You know our family is known for our sense of humor, our joking and teasing (much of which came from your Grandpa Ted), so don't expect these accolades on a daily basis! That just wouldn't be "normal" for us! (even though we are sincere in what we said and we love you to pieces!!)

Happy 29th Birthday!!

love ya,

Momzxtrhli

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jared!! I hope you had a great day!

I have told you before, but I want to say it again...I want to thank you (and Shannon) for impact you have had on my life. Not only do I see you as my former youth minister...but as a mentor and most importantly as a friend. I have been blessed so much by having you in my life. When people ask who I give credit to for me being where I am today...after my parents...it is you. Thank you for all the time and energy that you put into being my pastor in high school. Thanks for all the time you and Shannon let me spend in your trailer at Ozark watching MNF. And thank you for your time and advice when I was struggling in my ministry last year.

I look forward to a day when I get to meet your family. Thank you for all you have done for me!! Happy Birthday!