Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Reflections on Narnia, Part 2


I'm currently working my way through the third book in the Chronicles of Narnia. I've decided to follow C.S. Lewis' own suggestion to read them in chronological order instead of the order in which they were written.

The only problem is that it takes me a couple days to read each book, depending on spare time and other responsibilities. Shannon however can read them in just one or two sittings. I really would like to stay ahead of her, afterall they are my books and I prefer to be have dibs on them before the spine gets creased and the pages feathered. Besides she passed me today and began asking questions about parts of The Horse and His Boy that I've not gotten to yet!

[rubs chin while scheming] What I need is to distract her with something while I build up a lead… maybe I can leave a Harry Potter book in her path… those things are like phone books… yeah! That will keep her busy!

--

I'd really like to see the movie when it comes out this Friday, but it's hard to say when we'll find the time to actually do that. But if we could see it on the big screen at our new theater, that would be pretty cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure do complain a lot. Like a Harry Potter book would slow me down. I could read the whole series in the time it took you to read The Majicians Nephew.

By the way if anyone wants to volunteer to watch Brennan, Tanner, and Elijah I would love to take you to the movie on Friday.