Wednesday, December 28, 2005

You Light Up My Life

This Christmas was supposedly the year of the widescreen tv and the iPod. But I'm finding myself fascinated with an invention that's been around for forty years, LED lights. The gift I received at church (meaning the gift I stole from someone during the latter stages of the game we played) was an LED flashlight. It's really cool; it runs on AA batteries and is extremely powerful. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Then yesterday I went and got a little reading light that clips to a book. It has two little LED lights and will probably last just about forever. Both gadgets emit a bright, cool bluish-white light. Neat-o.

As far as a new television is concerned, I can't bring myself to pay $1500 bucks or more for a tv. We have a tv that works, so until they switch over to digital broadcast in a few years, I'm going to wait. Hopefully I can wait even longer than that.

And I love our little iPod. Sure, it's not as flashy as some of these new video iPods but I like it for long car rides with the kids and for mowing the yard and exercising. It backs up my hard drive and I listen to some podcasts on it; I'm pretty content with it.

I would be ok with going a few more years before buying anymore expensive gadgets. I like the ones I have… unless of course they come out with an iPod with LED lights… hmmm…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you... for causing me to waste an hour-and-a-half after I followed the link you provided to howstuffworks.com, while I read more than I ever wanted to know about how LED lights work!! It's like crack cocaine!! I couldn't stop reading!!!