Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Random Thoughts 4/3/07

  • We've put in two afternoons of hard yard work; today was supposed to be the last real warm day before global warming gives us an April freeze [insert eye roll here].
  • Tanner, who's always stayed away from bicycles, has begun riding (with training wheels). This is a big step for him and I'm glad he stepped right up and cleared that hurdle.
  • April Fool's Day got me a couple of times (I'm kind of gullible in some ways). One family came in to church with a third family member on crutches (I already knew about the first two). Of course the young man was putting us on and in spite of the odds against three members of one family having three leg injuries at the same time, I believed he was really hurt. I also fell for several smaller pranks through the day that I just wasn't savvy enough to catch.
  • While playing cards Sunday night, I correctly folded pocket aces against an all-in bet on the turn. The other guy had three nines. Unfortunately good lay downs don't win you anything (respect?), you just lose a little more slowly.
  • Graham is almost walking. Almost.
  • Our church's MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group had their auction last Friday and raised $5000! That's incredible! What a great job those ladies did.
  • Brennan lost another tooth Sunday and a third one is close. I've pulled both of them so far and they come out much easier than I would have expected. Brennan isn't even certain that I've actually done it until I show him the tooth.
  • Tanner's front teeth are getting a little better but the final word hasn't been given yet. Hopefully he'll not have to have them pulled.

No comments: