Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What a Loser (23 weeks)

Though I've stayed with my diet almost half a year, my weight loss had plateaued in the 30-35 pound range for almost three months. Now it's finally starting to move again.

As of today, I'm down 43 pounds (maybe more if I had weighed before lunch instead of afterwards).

Unfortunately after my three month stall, my original goal is no longer realistic, as I would need to start losing almost four pounds a week for the next two months. My new goal is 55 pounds by June 1. That's only five pounds a month, which should be doable. At that pace I should be able to reach 75 pounds by October 4, my 31st birthday and a few weeks shy of the anniversary of my doctor visit last year.

I already feel great and getting past this slump has me excited again. I'm finally noticing that my clothes feel loose and I definitely can't wear my pants without a belt anymore. I'm still not getting to the YMCA near often enough, but I am playing basketball with the old guys down at the Bonner Springs community center every Tuesday at noon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work! You can do it! I love you! Mom

Rebecca said...

Great job on sticking with your new lifestyle. Loosing what you already have is accomplishment in and of itself. The fact that you can do more now than you could just a few months ago is reason to celebrate. Keep working hard and you will get your goal of 75 pounds. Man, that is the weight of a child. Here in the jungle, I have lost about 15-20 pounds myself. This is largely due to just living and working here. I haven't made much of a deliberate effort to loose weight, it just happens by default when you sweat as much as I do while working in the jungle. Keep it up! You will never regret being able to be active and healthy!

Anonymous said...

Man, you're such a loser.

Now I can feel good saying it.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Good job! Send some of that motivation my way please!!!


Jenny