Monday, September 24, 2007

Philly Cheesesteak, Part 2


So Dustin was in Philadelphia over the weekend and went to eat lunch at Rick's Steaks on Saturday (the inside of Rick's doesn't look much like the outside, does it?).


So this is what an authentic Philly Cheesesteak with sweet peppers looks like at Rick's. Dustin also sent me a picture of the aftermath which I'll refrain from posting here (NSFW). But if you can imagine throwing this greasy sandwich to a pack of wild dogs… well, you get the idea.


I'm not sure why Dustin didn't order it with Cheese Whiz or American, which is the correct type of cheese to have on your Philly (not Swiss, Senator Kerry). But mozzarella or provolone is acceptable too, I'm told.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's spicy pepperjack cheese...

...and that's the outside of Independence Hall, for those who may not be familiar with their American history, the original home of the Liberty Bell and the signing of the Dec. of Independence!


href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Hall_%28United_States%29">WIKI-
Independence Hall

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to hop a plane right now and hit South Street! I love Philly, it's one of my favorite cities.

Anonymous said...

Philly can't even get their own sandwiches right - no wonder their town is cursed.