Friday, September 28, 2007

Random Thoughts 7/28/07

  • Knight Rider is unfortunately being remade as a possible upcoming TV series next year (sans Hoff). Yeah, that's what we need. Your weekly viewing schedule can now include: Battlestar Galactica, Bionic Woman, Flash Gordon, and Knight Rider remakes on TV and then Transformers, Scooby-Doo, Miami Vice and the Dukes of Hazzard remakes in movie form. Tell me again what progress we've made since the late 70's/early 80's? Upcoming TV remake movies include the A-Team, CHiPs, Speed Racer, Dallas, Get Smart, and GI Joe. Ugh. Why do Hollywood writers even get paid? And why are they going on strike next year?
  • I was offered race tickets to the NASCAR race this weekend but I can't go. I actually would consider going, it's a huge thing with some folks and I've never been to anything like it. Oh, and I liked the movie Cars. But we just couldn't make it work this time around; things are way too busy ministry-wise. Oh, well; we still appreciated the offer!
  • Fantasy football is a fickle mistress. For the first two weeks of the season I didn't have a single player (out of eighteen) who was injured. Not a one. Now, two weeks later, fully half of my guys are hobbled with injuries. That's the way it goes.
  • I saw a short blurb in the news today about a baby girl born in Siberia this week. Little Nadezhda was delivered by Caesarean section and weighed in at a robust 17 pounds 1 ounce!
  • I've had two good visits in two days with Larry F., the former preacher here at WCCC and a good friend. Larry is a bookworm like no other and was borrowing from, lending to, and handing down books to me. It's great to have an older, sometimes-retired preacher in your corner when you need a resource or someone who's read a certain resource. Larry can always point me in the right direction.

No comments: