Friday, September 21, 2007

Wildcats and Dogs

We're taking our puppy, Sophie, to the vet again this week. We decided to have her spayed this Wednesday.

When I took her the first time, three weeks ago, I had a moment of hesitation. Sophie wears a crimson and blue Jayhawk tag around her neck. Probably not the best choice in this part of country where many veterinarians went to school at Kansas State. Sure enough, I met the vet and he's a young graduate of K-State. I expressed regret over my dog sporting a Jayhawk and he responded, "Don't worry. We don't blame the dog."

This Wednesday we're going to deliver our Jayhawk-ornamented Sophie into the hands of the enemy. We'll see if don't try to brainwash her during her overnight stay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Every time I visit a McDonald's, I worry about the KU alum behind the counter getting my order right.

Operating behind enemy lines can be stressful.