Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Strange Little Man

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the President of Iran, spoke at Columbia University this week. It's amazing (disappointing?) that he got the applause that he did from an audience of American students and academics.

Yet you can always count on Cox & Forkum to give you the best political cartoons on any given subject. But lately I've come to appreciate their blogging as well. Go look at this cartoon and then sit in stunned silence at the quotes from liberal website the Daily Kos like this one: "I know I’m a Jewish lesbian and he'd probably have me killed. But still, the guy speaks some blunt truths about the Bush Administration that make me swoon..."

I'm for free speech but that doesn't include the right to be granted a forum. And kudos to University President Bollinger for exercising his right to free speech by calling Ahmadinejad out for what he really is.

No comments: