Friday, May 30, 2008

The Phone Company Hates You

I have a new phone. It looks like a nice phone. It has some pleasant features. I bet most people would love it.

But I'm stuck with Verizon and Verizon hates its customers.

So I can't load my lengthy contact list, my music, my ringtones, or my pictures without paying Verizon. I already own these things and many of them were already on my old phone. Verizon refuses to let my new phone sync via bluetooth with my laptop. I asked the lady at the Verizon store for help but she didn't have the correct cables. I asked the lady at Nebraska Furniture Mart for help transferring my 200+ contacts and she told me "if you have half a brain you'd just do it manually [instead of paying Verizon for it to be done]."

This makes me very angry with Verizon. It also encourages people to hack their phones illegally. I could spend $10 (and probably 10 hours), void my warranty, violate my user agreement and gain control over my phone. But it shouldn't be necessary to learn a computer programming language to use my new phone!

No comments: