Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random Thoughts 5/14/08

  • Have you seen the viral advertisement on YouTube with the guys backflipping into a pair of jeans? It's an advertisement for Levi's, though it gives the impression that it's just a bunch of guys performing stunts. Still impressive, though.
  • The National Guard will be receiving its first UH-72A Lakota helicopters. It's a sleek little aircraft and a rare opportunity for the guard to receive brand new technology, even before the regular army.
  • The Mario Kart video game should be banned. If not for that reason, then surely for this. We don't have the newest version of the racing video game but our family has sure enjoyed the earlier iterations. Yes, it can be frustrating but if the game was always easy and un-challenging, it wouldn't be as fun.
  • The History Channel aired a two-hour special about Dogfights of the Future recently. For an aviation nut, it was pure eye candy. F-22s and F-35s, drones and technology of every sort; it's good stuff.
  • Please feel free to respond to the blog, especially when I ask questions. I enjoy the feedback I get and feel that it adds a lot to the site when we talk back and forth. I'd love to hear from many of you that have never chimed in before.
  • I've been using Google maps a lot recently in my ministry. For both planning and calling it's just about indispensable. I've made a map of every church member's home; how interesting it is to see where everyone lives in relation to one another.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

truth be told, sometimes I actually type a response and it seems stupid so I erase it and pretend like it never happened.

I'm guessing our house stretched your map a little farther south.

Alisa

Anonymous said...

And our house stretched your map a little further north!


Mom

Anonymous said...

The first version of MarioKart was always a catalyst for an all-out war on my parents living room between 3 brothers. Many a fine wrestling match was started by the battle mode and red turtle shells. haha!

Justin