Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Summer Movies (and Beyond)

Iron Man is taking the theater-going crowds by storm, setting box office records and apparently I'm the one who hasn't seen it. In fact, for all my movie watching, I just don't make it to the theater very often at all – maybe two or three times each year.

That's not to say that I'm not interested; it's just so expensive to take a family to the theater. If I wait six months, I can watch it for a few dollars. If I wait a year or two I can probably watch it for free.

Here's a short list of exciting movies that will be released soon:

  • now - Iron Man
  • 5/16 - Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
  • 5/22 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  • 6/27 - Wall•E
  • 7/18 - Dark Knight
  • 8/15 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars (animated)
  • 11/21 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • 2/13 - Valkyrie
Some of these movies I'm really eager for (like Wall•E), while others I'm just eager to support (like the Narnia movies). There are several films that I'm not as excited about but will still make a point to see eventually, like Mongol, Kung Fu Panda, Get Smart, Hancock, and many others.

No comments: