Monday, May 26, 2008

Random Thoughts 5/26/08

  • God bless you on this Memorial Day. May you have a profound respect and heartfelt appreciation for the sacrifices that are made for our freedoms. Yesterday I gave a meditation on Cicero's idea of civic militarism – that every citizen should understand and appreciate what the military does, even if you don't serve in it yourself. I believe that Christians especially, can understand this John 15:13 kind of sacrifice.
  • I've posted the Sunday Notes from church yesterday on my church blog.
  • We're staying home today. We're watching a few movies, playing in the yard and playing video games with the kids. With gas prices like they are, we just don't have any desire to get out and go anywhere.
  • My neighbors' BBQ team ranked right in the middle of the pack for each of their foods. Again, the barbecued chicken and their baked beans received the highest marks. If those ribs and that brisket are "middle of the pack" then what must the first place food be like? I'm curious if the winners aren't some goofy gourmet recipe that regular folks wouldn't even like.

No comments: