Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Random Thoughts 6/4/08

  • The World Series of Poker started a few days ago and the first tournaments are finishing up. It's always interesting to see how the famous professional players stack up against plain old amateur players. There aren't very many games or sports where any normal person can walk up, pay the entry fee, and play in the same game as the best professionals in the world.
  • Only three weeks (and change) until Wall•E hits the theaters. If you're not sure about the movie, follow this link and watch the "vacuum vignette."
  • Have you seen Young Hillary Clinton? It's funny. [Thanks to again to Conservatism With Heart for the great find.]
  • I still can't find a decent protective case for my new cell phone. All that seems to be available are holsters (which I don't care for) and those weird silicon skins. But I need something to protect my phone from my own oily skin. My oily complexion has always been detrimental to watches, sunglasses, phones, etc. and I don't want to corrode this phone if I can avoid it.
  • Does Obama realize that we're winning in Iraq? He keeps talking like he's going to cut and run asap. Maybe he doesn't know how much things have improved in the last 18 months. This guy is so unrealistically naive it's not funny.
  • Did you see the news on the fuel storage tank in KCK that was hit by lightning last night? There was over a million gallons of gasoline in the tank when it got hit during the storm. It's still burning as of this afternoon. Here's a pic.


No comments: