Friday, November 06, 2009

Men's Retreat '09

I'm leaving today to go to camp. I know that seems like more of a summer thing, but the men's retreat is this weekend and there's some serous hand golf to be played.

Random Men's Retreat Thoughts:
  • Is "retreat" really the best word to use? Especially as an encouragement for men to stand boldly for their convictions?
  • This is the first year in a few years that I'm not running the retreat. That feels weird.
  • I hate sleeping at camp.
  • I hate listening to other men sleep at camp.
  • Hand Golf: 18 holes of golf played by throwing a softball underhanded on a course of 18 buckets. I'll post some pictures.

1 comment:

Eric Young said...

additional thought from your co-retreater(?):
-I hate the taste of camp water.
-I felt weird not doing worship at the retreat.
-I love handgolf!
-I love retreats that are like advancing :)