Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Random Thoughts 11/3/09

  • I've never watched the show but it's good news for television fans. "Southland," a big-network cop drama, got canceled but then picked up by basic cable's TNT. Increasingly high quality shows are being produced by "small" cable networks in recent years (such as SciFi's "Battlestar Galactica" or AMC's "Mad Man"). These smaller cable networks have lower expectations and narrower audiences that especially favor genre television shows; good news especially for science fiction fans.
  • Check your receipts. I caught a huge discrepancy at Walmart (in automotive) today, and after getting two managers involved, saved myself nearly $40.
  • Speaking of Walmart, I think I got hosed, even after my discount. Oh, well; I won't fret; God takes care of me. Psalm 37:1-3
  • 108 new bureaucracies in the Health Reform Bill. You've got to be kidding. I mean really, we're going to spend an extra trillion-point-two and we're already bankrupt. Really?!
  • I've been watching the governor races in Virginia and New Jersey. It looks like a win for in both states. Yay GOP. There's an argument out there that the U.S. House would change hands if that vote were taken today. The conservatives have had a great day.
  • This Monday's episode of "Heroes" was the best episode they've had in two seasons. Hands down.
  • I didn't play volleyball again. This is three weeks since my sprained ankle, and it still hurts a lot. No more bruising or limp, but it feels weak and and I have sharp pains at times. Grrrr… I'm getting old.

No comments: