Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Jayhawk Thoughts 11/18/09

  • Kansas basketball is great. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. And this year, it looks really good.
  • I had Dustin over last night to watch the KU-Memphis game. It was such a slow a game, we both ended up playing our on our iPhones.
  • I'm waiting for southpaw phenom freshman Xavier Henry to pull that line from the sword fight in Princess Bride: "Why are you smiling?" "Because I know something you don't know." "What is that?" "I am not left-handed!"
  • I have a long standing rule to never, ever, ever agree with Jason Whitlock, but I think he's right about KU football coach Mark Mangino. If Mangino gets sacked, I hope he does something drastic to lose about 200 pounds. His family (and his career) will appreciate it.
  • Remember the heady days of KU's 5-0 football team? Dreams of the Heisman trophy, topping the Big XII North and a bowl game danced in our heads… that was mid-October. Less than 35 days ago.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You should've watched the MSU game too! It was sluggish too!