Monday, November 30, 2009

Random Thoughts 11/30/09

  • Ugh, November was a hard month to blog. In fact it was my lowest output for a month… ever. Sorry about that.
  • It turns out that you can mix oil and water.
  • By the way, climate change happens, with or without us. Don't be so arrogant as to think we can can make a dent one way or another.
  • That said, pick up your trash, litter bug!
  • I'm reading the book, Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner, about the history of the CIA. Oh. My. Word. You've got to be kidding. Thousands of people were killed due to CIA mistakes in the first few years of the CIA with virtually no successes whatsoever. Other countries stole our secrets and fed us false information at will. It was amateur hour, with deadly consequences… for years. It's a wonder we survived that kind of incompetence.
  • I avoided the Black Friday lines. I feel like I find pretty good prices online, so why get out at 4am to go stand in line?
  • Though I'm not a big fan of standing in line at the store, I love to wrap Christmas presents for my kids. I wrap them and number them and then keep a master list, detailing which present goes to which kid. They don't know which present belongs to whom, hopefully preventing snooping.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

... Or promote snooping and bribing. "I know what YOU'RE gonna get for CHRIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAS!"

You should be familiar with this tactic.