Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My Mouse is No More

My wireless mouse died. I bought this great little Logitech mouse 2 or 3 years ago for my laptop and it's worked fantastically, until just recently.

Lately it began to act out, double and triple-clicking erratically. The glitch had worsened to the point I couldn't use it anymore. Fortunately, a mouse isn't really an essential piece of equipment when the laptop has a trackpad.

Naturally, I took the thing apart; it was held together by only four tiny screws. Interesting… and a little disgusting. The track wheel assembly was coated in a nasty greasy residue, presumably from my greasy fingers. No more barbecue ribs while surfing the net for me!

Ewww…

Besides, I'm kind of eying the new mouse available from Apple. It's completely enclosed with no moving parts, a far cry from the nastiness-collecting things we've had in the past. Hmmm…

No comments: