Friday, July 23, 2010

Random Thoughts 7/23/10

  • I'm at camp for the fourth or fifth time in six weeks (I'm losing track of how many trips I've made up here). This time for a wedding. Congrats Andrew and Karen!
  • A survey shows that most iPhone users are satisfied with AT&T. Really? 73% are okay with AT&T? AT&T's average customers are only 68% satisfied and other smart phone users are only 69% satisfied with their carriers. Ok, sure. But we'll see what happens when T-Mobile gets the iPhone, maybe as soon as this year.
  • With budgets tight, we've missed both Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me in the theaters. I guess I know what we're watching on DVD this Christmas with the kids. Besides, I'm saving my theater money for Tron Legacy.
  • Seriously, about Tron, all of us old-school nerds need to get together and see this movie. December 17. Save your pennies. Flynn lives!
  • Good job, Chris, on VBS this year. I wish attendance had been higher for you, but you did a really good job. And I can't believe how organized you are (and have been) for CIY. Way to go, dude.
  • Google image search looks like Bing now. I wonder if Google will add a pretty photograph everyday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Google does have an option for users to apply an image as the background to google.com. They actually had a series of rotating images as the background only on the first day they launched it and a lot of users complained even with that. So, i doubt that they will make it the default...

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Web%20Search/thread?tid=52d49a85dcfbdb9f&hl=en