Monday, July 26, 2010

Random Thoughts 7/26/10

  • Basketball at Wallula, 8pm Wednesday. Let me know if you're coming to play.
  • I was hoping that by yesterday I'd have sold my iPhone and replaced it with a new iPhone 4, without it costing me anything. But that hasn't happened yet. I may have to reconsider my strategy here…
  • The Tron sequel is coming out this December. The original movie came out in 1982, and is highly underrated considering when it was done. A lot of younger nerds, who claim to be aficionados of all things sci-fi and geek related are completely ignorant of this movie. But sci-fi movies like The Matrix, any movie about getting pulled into a computer world, or any movie that utilizes computer graphics owes a debt to Tron.
  • I'm really enjoying the History Channel's "Top Shot." Various sharpshooters compete against one another shooting targets with a variety of different weapons, from rifles to six-shooters to bows and arrows. The show has been fairly successful and now they're casting a second season that will tape this fall. Bob H., you've gotta apply now.
  • Every summer, after camp is over and before Wednesday night church begins again, I have a week or two that is not absolutely crazy. Usually. This year, we're not going on vacation or anything, but I'm definitely going to take a couple of days off this week and and a couple of more next week. We'll have a "stay-cation."

1 comment:

Eric Young said...

Tron Ruled... I am old enough to know.