Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Random Thoughts 11/23/10

  • I've had my iPhone 4 for two months now. I've not yet had any antenna problems. In fact, it's been the best phone/computer-in-my-pocket I've every owned.

  • I've been watching Bristol Palin on TV… but not on that silly dancing show. "Sarah Palin's Alaska" on TLC is a surprisingly good show. It's really interesting.

  • Funny TSA bumper stickers here, e.g. "It's not a grope, it's a freedom pat." and "Can't see London, can't see France, unless we see your underpants." Warning: a couple of them are kinda crude, but so is a close encounter with a TSA screener at the airport.

  • The Wizards (KC's soccer team) are now called "Sporting Kansas City." Seriously. Here's an article reviewing their logo and brand identity. In the accompanying poll, 75% of those polled hate the name and 60% don't like the logo. I have a friend who likes soccer and thinks this is awesome. I couldn't be more alienated from the sport; this just confirms that soccer has nothing for me.

  • According to a recent Gallup poll, 18% of Americans identify themselves as liberal (54% conservative, 27% moderate – these numbers are about normal for this kind of poll). Meanwhile, another survey showed about 20% of Americans suffered from some kind of mental illness. Nice coincidence! [Thanks, Mike!]

  • Old Brett Favre = fired head coach. He's like Typhoid Mary.

  • KU can set the record tonight with a 63rd consecutive win at Allen Fieldhouse. And I'll be there!



  • UPDATE: I just got back home! Great game and my first visit to the Phog in several years. Rock Chalk!!!

    No comments: