Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Placing the Order

I got online, placed my order, entered the credit card information, and was told the brand new iMac G5 computer would arrive in just days. Unfortunately, not at my house.

My sister, Sonya, is getting a computer for her family. It's their first home computer! (Yes, next year they'll be getting cable tv and the year after that, cell phones!)

Hopefully, with a little help they'll soon be sending email, burning CDs, surfing the web, and maybe even reading my blog! I'm excited about helping them. Computers can do so much now, anyone and everyone can find a way to use them to make life better or more interesting.

I think the two greatest things computers bring (at least in my life) are instant information and communication. With websites like wikipedia.com I can answer any question in moments. With tools like email and blogs, family members can be a part of each others lives even if they're on different continents. That's awesome.

No comments: