Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tree Trimming and Other Upper Body Workouts

We had a fantastic morning this morning.

It kind of reminds me of the old Army commercials: "We do more before 9 in the morning than most people do all day." I got up about 5am and drove to meet my dad and brother to go work up at church camp. There we met several other church members who helped us mow and weed-eat and trim trees.

Not only did we finish in record time, we probably accomplished more than any other church group. We mowed anything and everything that was mow-able. We pruned about 13 or 14 trees that have probably never been trimmed before. I was cutting branches that had been dead or diseased for years. And when we finished, they looked great. The whole camp looked fantastic!

And it was fun. It's not so bad working when you have so much company and when you see the job disappearing so quickly. I wouldn't want to do it again unless we can have a crew like that with 10 or 12 people. Imagine if we had 20 or more. We could really accomplish a lot!

I want to thank Dad, Dustin, Kenneth, Dean, John, Sheldon, Joy, Gary, Leonard, and Perry for helping. God bless you guys!

No comments: