Monday, July 11, 2005

Running of the Buffalos

I stayed home today and enjoyed my wife and three sons. While watching the news, a video clip of the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain, came on. I asked the boys to describe this amazing sight in their own words and Brennan confidently declared, "Daddy, those men are racing the buffalos." To which Tanner chortled, "And dey fall down! A lot!"

Shannon had to work this evening, so I had the boys all to myself. I set up the sprinkler in the yard, stripped them down to their shorts, and set them loose while I read on the deck. Elijah is not a big fan of getting wet, but Brennan and Tanner love it. So the yard and the children got watered.

After a quick bath (indoors), we went upstairs and wrestled. Elijah likes to crawl all over me and sit on my head. Tanner likes to stand on my back. Brennan imitates a Velociraptor (read: dinosaur with sharp claws) and swipes at me with his big toe before pouncing on me, sound effects and all. I pull them each down to the carpet, tickle them, pop their toes, and generally toss them around. Nothing is as satisfying as three little boys giggling hysterically.

No comments: