Friday, July 01, 2005

I Pod, Do You?

We were blessed to receive a silver iPod mini the other day as a gift.

We've been wanting something like this for awhile. Shannon and I are both feel strongly about the role of music in our lives; there's nothing like replacing the negative content of secular music with the positive of Christian music, especially if you can find a band you really like. As for style we favor alternative and rock, but I have a strong pull toward folk, classic rock, or anything that requires knowing more than 3 guitar cords. In fact, I have a strong preference in any genre for songs written by piano players versus those written by guitar players. That means Michael W. Smith or Chris Rice over Steven Curtis Chapman. I'm telling you, there's a difference!

And above all, I want the lyrics to be meaningful and true. That's what makes a song Christian.

I also needed an easy, dependable, backup storage device. I stored all of my documents (going back years) plus over 300 songs and the iPod is less than half full. Awesome!

We listen to it while exercising and driving and doing whatever! It's a pretty cool little gadget. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pod via shuffle, and I love it! But if I would've known at the time that I could store information on the iPod Mini as an external hard drive, I may have waited longer to buy that one instead. I still like the convenience of being able to put the iPod Shuffle in the back of my laptop in the USB port and sync it on the fly. And it's so small, one forgets they're even wearing it!

Thumper said...

The iPod mini is small but I was terribly aware of it while wearing it in public (we strolled around Zona Rosa). I'm so concerned it'll break, I reach down and check every 5 seconds. I'm also scared to death my kids will get and use it as a hockey puck.