Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Gluttony for Dummies

In five years time, my wife has gone from Microwave Queen to one of the best cooks I know. She makes stuff from scratch and serves these incredible meals that take seven hours to prepare but only costs $2.47 to feed five people.

The next four days looks like this:
  • Wed night at home: Steak on the grill, with Shannon's special seasoning. Update: Shannon made her thick chocolate chip cookies.
  • Thur night at home: Shannon's homemade chicken and noodles (if you're thinking a weak, watery, veggie soup, you're completely missing the point here). Update: We made pancakes from scratch for breakfast; Tanner only wanted another cookie.
  • Fri at the Andersons: Mexican food fiesta. Shannon is taking her (in)famous bean dip.
  • Sat at home: Turkey and Stuffing. Shannon's stuffing is just one more of her many specialties.

Since Shannon is also the best in the family at making pies, cakes, cookies, rolls, potatoes, casseroles, and about everything else, the only thing I'd trust to someone else is the turkey… maybe… No, nevermind, I'd want her to do the turkey too.

I guess I'll have to keep her around.

No comments: