Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving!

What am I thankful for? Beyond the eternal gratitude owed to God, I do have several things that I appreciate deeply. Here's a sampling:

I'm thankful for my wife. Read Proverbs 31 and that's Shannon… easily. She's one of the hardest working, most industrious people I know (besides my Dad) and she's become one of the most skilled and useful people I know. In short, if you're lost on an island, Shannon would have the place looking like Swiss Family Robinson in no time flat.

I'm thankful for the Church. "Yeah right," you say, "there's so much stress and pressure there it will be the end of you." Well… maybe. But I love the folks at church, I really do. And I love teaching and counseling and the fellowship. In the end, I'd still want to go to my church even if I weren't the preacher and how many ministers can really say that?

I'm thankful for my boys, all four of them.

There are many people I wish I could see more often, but I'm thankful for the impact they've had in my life. I can't begin to name them, it wouldn't be fair, but I know in my heart exactly who they are.

No comments: