Thursday, November 17, 2005

Random Thoughts 11/17/05

  • Tomorrow (November 18) is my brother Dustin's birthday. Happy 26th!
  • We now have DSL internet access at home and my what an incredible difference! It's no big deal to download large software updates or to receive emails with photographs attached. I can have the computer check my scores all afternoon on Sunday without tying up the phone line and we can watch videos over the internet with little or no delay. Awesome.
  • Whew, did I miss my boys today. I had a board meeting tonight and missed Eli's bedtime; the cute little bugger was snuggled into the new blanket his mother made for him yesterday. When I did get home Brennan and Tanner were just about to head to bed. They both smelled freshly bathed (with little boys that's a distinctly unnatural state) and were just precious. You want to hug and tickle them and just squeeze them – you can't get enough!
  • My mom got home from Omaha earlier this evening. She was supposed to get home yesterday but wasn't quite up to it yet. Please keep praying for her recovery from surgery.
  • Pray for Shannon too. She's about five months along (more or less) and is having quite a problem with her right hip. Some evenings she can't even move, let alone walk. It's getting so serious, and it's so much worse than with Elijah, that this may be the decisive blow to our quest for a basketball team. But the four-man bobsled, quiz bowl, most relay races and curling are no problem at all. We're set!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! I'm so blessed!