Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Your Daily Civics Lesson

Did you vote today? Most places at least have something local to vote on and these are the elections where a few votes really matter because everyone forgets about it.

I asked Bertha (a lady in our church who works at my polling place) and apparently there aren't any issues to vote on in Wyandotte County; but I'm still going to swing by and check this afternoon.

I know that it's polite to say that everyone has the right to their own opinion, but I'm sorry: If you won't vote, please don't complain. So many people have lived and died with no way to address their government and we get to have a say on a regular basis. What a privilege! What a responsibility.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true! It seems that everyone wants to put in their two cents, but most people won't go so far as their neighborhood polling place to do something about it!