Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Nickel Tour

I had the best time tonight. I met a group from a Baptist church in Leavenworth to take a tour of our church building. The group consisted of the preacher and six church ladies, and they were a hoot! I took them to every far flung corner of our building showing them all of our smart ideas and all of our mistakes too. One of the ladies took several pages of notes.

They seemed really impressed with our building, especially liking the women's restroom and nursery. One of the older ladies rushed right into the nursery and tried out each of the rocking chairs, one after the other, rating each chair's comfort. Another lady gleefully went through all the draws in our kitchen and cooed at the four ovens we have. Another lady carefully inspected our sound booth and asked thoughtful questions about the lighting and the projector. It was all a lot of fun and we laughed a lot.

I think I made a good impression with them. I realize there's a lot of differences between a their congregation and ours: culturally, musically, preaching styles, etc. But I also recognize that they love the same Lord. I hope I get to see them again and, after I prayed with them for God's blessing in their ministry, I told them that if they're ever stuck south of Lansing on a Sunday morning, by all means, come visit us!

No comments: